Hi guys. We’re going to try a tiered release schedule. As we make changes to the game and have somewhat stable, coherent sets of changes, we will update the Alpha. That’s the plan as you know it now.
What we’re adding is a more frequent set of releases for early testing. These releases will have minimal testing, and will be a means for us to get your feedback on the latest changes to the code-base. These will be through the beta branch feature of the Steam client. Here’s how you can access these builds.
How to Access the Latest Branch
- Get Stonehearth through Steam if you don’t already. You can get your Stonehearth Steam Key from your Humble Bundle page. Don’t try to download Steam through the Steam Store; Stonehearth won’t be here. Redeem the Steam Key listed on your Humble Bundle page.
- Right click on Stonehearth in your Library and select Properties
- Click the Betas tab and select “latest”
Your game will update to the latest bits. You can switch back to the official Alpha build using the same dropdown in the Betas tab.
Alpha 1, Release 14 Patch Notes
Here are patch notes for Alpha release 14, which we’ve just uploaded to Steam. The “14″ refers to our own internal build number. Obviously this is not the 14th release of the Alpha.
- Greatly optimized path finding, especially when building many structures.
- Fixed a bug which would sometimes cause the game to crash when building walls.
- Increased the length of a day by 50%
- Added a task manager in the bottom-right corner to track CPU usage.
- Removed the debug keys be default. Set “enable_debug_keys” to true in your user_settings.json file to turn them back on.